"Social Bookmarking in Plain English" from http://blip.tv/file/331587
del.icio.us is a collection of favorites - yours and everyone else's. You can use del.icio.us to:
- Keep links to your favorite articles, blogs, music, reviews, recipes, and more, and access them from any computer on the web.
- Share favorites with friends, family, coworkers, and the del.icio.us community.
- Discover new things. Everything on del.icio.us is someone's favorite -- they've already done the work of finding it. So del.icio.us is full of bookmarks about technology, entertainment, useful information, and more. Explore and enjoy.
del.icio.us is a social bookmarking website -- the primary use of del.icio.us is to store your bookmarks online, which allows you to access the same bookmarks from any computer and add bookmarks from anywhere, too. On del.icio.us, you can use tags to organize and remember your bookmarks, which is a much more flexible system than folders.
You can also use del.icio.us to see the interesting links that your friends and other people bookmark, and share links with them in return. You can even browse and search del.icio.us to discover the cool and useful bookmarks that everyone else has saved -- which is made easy with tags.
How to download del.icio.us toolbar - http://del.icio.us/help/faq#How_do_I_install_the_buttons_aga
Research and Collaborate
* Don't just bookmark! Highlight the web! Add sticky notes too!
* Access and search your findings from any PC or iphone!
* Create groups to pool resources for specific projects.
Connect and Discover
* You are what you annotate, creating a presence for you in the community.
* Connect with friends effortlessly and non-intrusively through content.
* Discover quality resources on any subject or get personalized recommendations.