What it is...
Google Documents is an online office suite (applications like word, excel, powerpoint). You can share, collaborate, print, email and save all your documents online. Google Docs are free and very easy to use.
What you need...
A google account
What it looks like...
How to do it...
- Get together either your document you want to share or your new idea for a document.
- Go to http://www.google.com/documents
- Login with your google account
- Upload your documents or start a new document
- Save and don't forget to share your document with others.
If you need help...
Help section is here: http://www.google.com/support/writely/?hl=en
Great Uses for Google Documents in Education
- Using Google Docs in the Classroom: Simple as ABC - Great ideas and step by step directions. http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcdn7mjg_72nh25vq
- Google Forms - Shows how to use the spreadsheet in Google Documents to setup an online form. Especially cool are the timestamping features and the ability just to provide a web address that students can go to. http://blip.tv/file/702627/
- Teaching Collaborative Revision using Google Docs - Learn how to use Google Docs to allow students and teachers to collaborate on the revisions of a document. http://www.google.com/educators/weeklyreader.html
Special thanks to Katie Christo for gathering Google Docs resources.