What it is...
Voicethread is an online tool that allows you to mesh voice and images. It allows you to "turn an image into a conversation".
What you need...
A voicethread account - FREE
What it looks like...
What is a voicethread anyway? - http://voicethread.com/#q.b409.i3113
Mrs. Ngai's Classroom Voicethreads - http://www.ngaiclassroom.meyertown.com/voicethread.htm
How to do it... (online tutorials - http://voicethread.com/#c28)
- Decide the visuals you are going to use and make sure they are digital.
- Go to http://ed.voicethread.com/#home (this is the secure education part of the site)
- Click sign in or register in the top right corner
- Upload your images
- Record your audio for your images
- Either choose to keep it private and keep working on it or make it public for the world to see.
If you need help...
Help section is here: http://voicethread.com/help/faq/
- Using Voicethread for Digital Conversations - http://digitallyspeaking.pbwiki.com/Voicethread
- Voicethreads: Extending the Classroom with Interactive Multimedia Albums - http://www.edutopia.org/voicethread-interactive-multimedia-albums